Spring 2021?ARC Appointments - Course-Specific Tutoring
This semester, the ARC Learning Assistants (LAs) will be offering both in-person and online support for students enrolled in NYU Shanghai! To book an?appointment (either in person or online) with a Learning Assistant (LA), you can log into?WCOnline.?If it is your first time using the site, you will need to register first.?Click the full Guide to find out how to schedule an appointment with an ARC Learning Assistant.
If you're learning virtually at NYU Shanghai, you're welcome to book an online session. Click?here?for more information about online-specific resources.
**For students enrolled in Go-Local classes, please choose the?[Go-Local schedules]?when making appointments and go to the Shinmay ARC (28-101) for in-person appointments.?
Individual and Group Tutoring
Who we are:
ARC Learning Assistants (LA) are NYU Shanghai student tutors who provide course-specific academic support for NYU Shanghai students in and out of the classroom. LAs work closely with faculty and ARC professionals?to support student success and promote independent and active learning. LAs provide Individual and small-group tutoring in a variety of?STEM, Business, Economics, IMA, and Chinese Language?courses.
View current LAs' biographies here.
Where to find us:
- Most course tutoring sessions take place in the ARC, 5th floor, Academic Building. Location for larger-group study sessions will be announced before the individual sessions.
- IMA tutoring sessions take place in the?IMA Lab (Room 826).
- Chinese tutoring sessions take place in the Chinese Clinic (Room 965).
- All Go-Local LA tutoring sessions take place at the Shinmay ARC (Room 28-101).
You may ask the Information Assistant (IA) at the front desk outside of the ARC for assistance if you can’t find your appointed Learning Assistant.
Spring 2021 LA-supported Courses:
- Mathematics: Calculus, Multivariable Calculus, Probability & Statistics, Linear Algebra, Calculus I, Calculus II, Mathematics for Economics I, Mathematics for Economics II
- Computer Science & Engineering: Intro to Computer Programming, Intro to Computer Science, Data Structures, Discrete Mathematics, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Databases, Computer Architecture, Information Visualization
- Sciences:?Foundations of Chemistry II,?Foundations of Biology I, General Physics II, Foundations of Physics II Honors,?Intro to Linguistics: The Science of Human Language
- Business/Finance: Introduction to Marketing, Foundations of Finance, Principles of Financial Accounting, Stats for Business & Economics, Corporate Finance, Business Analytics
- Economics: Principles of Macroeconomics, Microeconomics,?Intermediate Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Economics of Global Business, Intro to Macroeconomics
- Interactive Media Arts/Interactive Media Business: Interaction Lab, Communications Lab, Application Lab,?Creative Coding Lab
- Chinese: Elementary & Intermediate Chinese, Introduction to Chinese Conversation
By attending a tutoring session, you will:
- Engage more deeply with course content, and engage more broadly with definitions and applications of course concepts.
- Identify and use appropriate campus resources, habits, and opportunities that contribute to their academic and personal success.
- Develop a connection with the NYU Shanghai community and establish a college identity and a sense of belonging.
- Develop positive relationships and display appropriate academic demeanor with peers, staff, and faculty.
Please note that the course-specific tutoring is aimed at helping students to become more independent in academic learning, instead of providing direct answers.?
Appointments & Walk-ins
Course tutoring sessions are held in the form of office hours. Students are free to attend a session without an advance appointment. A full list of course tutoring schedules can be found on WCOnline under specific discipline tabs.?